What size battery do ESP models use?
99% of ESP uses size 13 (typically found in orange packaging, on or near a counter at your local pharmacy.
Why do Zinc Air hearing aid batteries have a tab?
Zinc Air hearing aid batteries use air as an energy source, and the tab seals the air holes on the battery. Once the tab is removed, it takes approximately two minutes before the battery is activated/charged. At that point, the battery compartment can be closed. If not the battery can in the worst case be damaged and will not come back to normal voltage level needed!
Please remember not to remove the tab before the battery is to be used. Reattaching the tab will not prolong the running time of the battery.
When might a battery expand and leak?
If the discharged battery is left in the device after end of life, humidity can influence the battery chemistry and lead to swelling, especially in extreme weather conditions such as a tropical environment. Once a battery is at the end of its life, it should be removed from the hearing aid.
How long is the Zinc Air battery’s shelf life?
Our batteries have a minimum “shelf-life” of two years. However, this estimate cannot be guaranteed if the batteries were previously stored incorrectly.
How should hearing aid batteries be stored?
Optimal room storage temperature for storing batteries is between 10 and 25°C. Heat may shorten the running time and a humid environment is not suitable for storage. Finally, avoid storing batteries in the refrigerator.
What are the various sizes of hearing aid batteries?
The standard sizes of hearing device batteries are 10, 13, and 312. They are color-coded for easy identification:
- size 10: yellow
- size 312: brown
- size 13: orange
How does a battery deliver its best performance?
Please make sure you protect the battery air holes from moisture. Switching off your hearing aid when not in use will also prolong the life of the battery. If the battery should get wet due to sweating or other, dry it!
How long is the running time of a battery?
The running time of the hearing aid battery depends on the hours of use per day, the amplification and the type/features. Streaming has a direct influence on the running time of a battery due to the high currents the HI draws in this mode. As the streaming mode is activated automatically running times of batteries vary depending on how often and how long streaming is active over the day.
Do more air holes mean a longer battery life and greater power?
An important factor for longer battery life and greater power is the quality and design of the electrodes. The number and size (diameter) of the air holes have as well an influence on the power of the battery.
How do I dispose of a used battery?
Zinc Air button cell batteries are classified as non-hazardous waste. However it is recommended to bring the batteries to the common local collecting points for batteries to make sure they can be recycled.
Why is my ESP not working despite having a new battery?
There could be several reasons for this. Here are some things to check:
- Not enough time for battery to be activated/”charged” after removal of the tab.
- Dented battery surface causes poor contact with battery terminal of the hearing aid.
- Battery is dead (even if it is brand new). This is very rare. Can as well happen when not activated correctly!! Built up dirt on the battery terminal of the ESP causes poor contact.
- The battery does not fit into the battery door of the hearing aid (some battery doors are designed with a smaller cavity where the battery negative housing is placed).
lf ESP does not work properly after replacing with a new battery (wait two minute after removing the tab before use),If this does not help please contact ESP.
Why does my battery suddenly last a shorter time?
Statistics show that, in most of the cases, the reasons for a short running time are not necessarily production faults, but rather:
- Environmental influences (e.g. humidity, temperature).
- Personal hearing habits have changed (longer period of use per day, higher noise level).
- The battery tab is removed and activation period as too short!! It has to be 2 Min or more! before it is inserted into the hearing aid.
- The hearing aid is not switched off over night or after a long period of non-use.
- The battery loses capacity due to a short circuit when mishandled (e.g. through contact with metal objects).
- The battery is stored in a warm environment (e.g. in parked car in the sun).